For any questions regarding bidding, please contact Matt Draper at email@example.com
World Rowing Events Open for Bidding:
- 2025 World Rowing Coastal Championships & Beach Sprint Finals
European Rowing Events Open for Bidding:
- 2024 and 2025 European Rowing Indoor Championships
- 2024 European Rowing Coastal and Beach Sprint Championships
- 2024 and 2025 European Rowing Championships
- 2026 European Rowing Under 23 Championships
At this stage, World Rowing will begin discussions with potential candidates to host the aforementioned events, with the intent to attribute these events to a suitable candidate as soon as possible. National Federations wishing to express interest in hosting one of the events below should contact Matt Draper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to offer a more strategic and long-term approach to the attribution of World Rowing and European Rowing events, World Rowing follows a Strategic Event Attribution Process (SEAP). The most recent SEAP took place in 2022, with several events between 2024 and 2026 being attributed at the 2022 World Rowing Championships. The next SEAP timeline has not yet been determined.
The SEAP was developed to recognise the significant investment by governments and local authorities in facilities for the sport of rowing and it offers them a chance to take a more strategic approach to their staging of international regattas.
In making these investments, the governments and authorities involved will have carefully considered the benefits to the local community and economy, and are seeking justification for their investments. Staging international – in addition to national, regional and local – events, together with the social and economic benefits they bring, are important to this justification.
In recognition of the increased event-bidding competitiveness as well as the difficulty in securing public grants for upgrading infrastructure and organising events, World Rowing has responded by adding flexibility and agility to its event bidding rules and related governance structures. It is important that World Rowing and the respective member federations are able to engage with a government when it is determined that an elite sporting event is appropriate to its strategy for the promotion of sport or tourism in the city or region. The SEAP allows all interested parties to indicate which of the World Rowing-owned events they believe would support their long-term events policy and it encourages strategic discussions rather than having to bid competitively on a single event-by-event basis
In further consideration of the above and when circumstances permit, World Rowing has adapted its strictly competitive bid format that was driven, in some cases, by arbitrary deadlines, to a more targeted and tailored approach in order to better collaborate with key partners and government entities. Therefore, when governments or cities are ready to dedicate resources to stage one or more of our regattas, World Rowing is now open and ready to work with them where such an arrangement would benefit both parties. This is in line with the comment expressed by Thomas Bach, IOC President, that the competitive bid process causes too many losers, when we should be doing everything that we can to facilitate the bids of appropriate willing and cooperative partners.
Previous Events Attributed
On 26 September 2022 at the World Rowing Congress held in Prague, CZE, the following events were attributed:
As voted by the World Rowing Congress:
- 2025 World Rowing Championships – Shanghai, CHN
- 2026 World Rowing Championships – Amsterdam, NED*
*provisional attribution subject to the finalisation of suitable lower priced accommodation
As voted by the World Rowing Council:
- 2024 World Rowing Cup 1 – Varese, ITA
- 2024 World Rowing Cup 3 – Poznan, POL
- 2025 World Rowing Under 19 Championships – Trakai, LTU
- 2025 World Rowing Under 23 Championships – Poznan, POL
- 2026 World Rowing Under 19 Championships – Plovdiv, BUL
- 2026 World Rowing Under 23 Championships – Duisburg, GER
On 23 September 2022, at the European Rowing General Assembly held in Racice, CZE, the following events were attributed:
- 2023 European Rowing Under 23 Championships – Krefeld, GER*
- 2024 European Rowing Under 23 Championships – Edirne, TUR
- 2025 European Rowing Under 23 Championships – Racice, CZE
- 2025 European Rowing Under 19 Championships – Gravelines, FRA
- 2026 European Rowing Under 19 Championships – Brandenburg, GER
- 2025 European Rowing Coastal and Beach Sprint Championships – Edirne, TUR**
*Originally attributed to Rostov-on-Don, RUS.
**provisional attribution subject to the identification of a suitable beach