Go virtual on the indoor rowing machine and race the world
With one week to go, the World Rowing Virtual Indoor Sprints are not far away. For five days, from 7- 11 March 2018, participants have chance to challenge rowers around the world to complete 1000m sprint.
Jump on a Concept2 indoor rowing machine and then submit your score to the Concept2 logbook and be compared with people in your age, weight and discipline from all over the world.
The virtual indoor sprints brings together the worldwide community of rowers with the opportunity to share their accomplishments and challenge each other.
This year will be the third World Rowing Virtual Indoor Sprints. In the first two years, over 8,000 people in total took part. For the third version we hope to see more participants than before.
Be sure to share your journey with us and the rowing community through the hashtag #ready2row which will be active across all of our different platforms. Tell us where you are training and racing from, and be sure to show us how are you preparing for the virtual indoor sprints.
- Race 1,000 meters on the Concept2 Indoor Rower (Model A-E rowers only, no Dynamic or indoor rowers on Slides) at your club, gym, school or home March 7-11, 2018.
- Individuals should enter their time in their Concept2 Online Logbook by 9am GMT on 13 March, 2018.
- Events should send their results by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you submit 20 or more individual results from an event held by our club or team, you’ll be entered in a raffle for a new indoor rower for your facility. Results must be emailed by 9 a.m. GMT on 14 March, 2018. Email email@example.com to receive information on submitting event results and for event updates.
- There will also be separate raffle for events held in World Rowing development countries where there are ten or more competitors. For more information (to see if your country qualifies) email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Medals will be awarded to the top three male and female times in each category, which can be seen below.
Junior 12, Junior 13-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
*Lightweight category offered from 19 years old and above. Lightweight specifications:
Lightweight Women: <= 61.5kg (135lbs)
Openweight Women: > 61.6kg (135lbs)
Lightweight Men: <= 75kg (165lbs)
Openweight Men: > 75kg (165lbs)
Para-rowing categories (men/women):
LTA (PR3), TA (PR2), AS (PR1)