Take pride in your water – enter the Kafue photo competition
We are rowers. Water is our life. We row on it. We often splash it. We sometimes fall in it. We obsess over its state – flat, calm, wavy, rough. We sweat it. We shower in it. We drink it. We take pride in water, especially our own water. Send us a photo showing how water is part of your life, donate to the Kafue River and Rowing Centre and you will be in to win 500chf.
How to enter?
Take a photo showing us how water is a part of your life. Send it to World Rowing via direct message on Facebook (@WorldRowing), Twitter (@WorldRowing), or Instagram (@WorldRowingOfficial), or post it using #PhotosForKafue. Make a 10 CHF donation to Kafue through our website here.
When to enter?
Submit your photo between 12 October 2016 and 2 November 2016 (midnight CET).
And … the prize?
The winner will be awarded 500 CHF, donated by photographer, water activist and rower, Steve MacArthur of New Zealand. Steve will match the donation with a 500 CHF contribution to the Kafue River & Rowing Centre.
How will the winner be decided?
The judging panel is made up of Steve MacArthur, together with Kafue Ambassadors Kim Brennan (Olympic Champion from Australia) and Emma Twigg (World Champion from New Zealand). The three-person panel will decide the winner from the submitted photos.
When will the winner be announced?
The winner will be announced on 10 November 2016.
Terms and Conditions:
1. FISA has unconditional use, in perpetuity, to the photos for all promotional and marketing purposes. The creator may retain the copyright of the photo.
2. To enter the draw you can be from anywhere in the world but you must not be a FISA staff member.
3. The winner will allow FISA to use his or her name and photo for promotional purposes.
4. The winner must have supplied a valid email address and be able to prove that he or she is the person who made the entry and donation.
5. FISA reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions without notice.
6. The prize will be paid directly into a bank account so bank account details must be able to be supplied.
7. FISA will take no responsibility in the transfer of prize money.
8. The winner must indemnify FISA of any responsibility in the event of accident or injury that may occur during the time of taking the photo.