Media Advisory: 2019 World Rowing season media accreditation is now open
Lausanne, 8 February 2019
The World Rowing Federation, FISA, wishes to advise international media that accreditation is now open for the 2019 World Rowing regatta season.
This season includes:
- · World Rowing Cup I 10-12 May Plovdiv, BUL
- European Rowing Junior Championships 18-19 May Essen, GER
- European Rowing Championships 31 May-2 June Lucerne, SUI
- World Rowing Cup II 21-23 June Poznan, POL
- World Rowing Cup III 12-14 July Rotterdam, NED
- World Rowing Under 23 Championships 24-28 July Sarasota-Bradenton, USA
- World Rowing Junior Championships 7-11 August Tokyo, JPN
- World Rowing Championships 25 Aug-1 Sept Linz-Ottensheim, AUT
- European Rowing Under 23 Championships 7-8 Sept Ioannina, GRE
- World Rowing Masters Regatta 12-16 Sept Velence, HUN
- World Rowing Coastal Championships 1-3 Nov Hong Kong, CHN
This pre-Olympic year will see the stabilisation of crews and countries making the most of as much international racing as possible. The season will culminate in the World Rowing Championships which doubles as the main Olympic and Paralympic Qualification Regatta for Tokyo 2020. It will also see the World Rowing Junior Championships act as a test event for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Both World Rowing Cup II and World Rowing Cup III will include para-rowing.
This year also included the World Rowing Indoor Championships. These will take place 24 February 2019 in Long Beach, California, United States. This is the second year of the indoor championships and media are welcome. No accreditation is needed. More information here.
Just before the World Rowing Coastal Championships a new coastal event will take place. The World Rowing Beach Sprints Finals will be held 25-27 October 2019 in Shenzhen, China. More information will be available shortly on www.worldrowing.com
The World Rowing website, www.worldrowing.com, is the main communications channel for rowing related information including; event dedicated page, entries, results, race reports, live race tracker, audio commentary, photos, feature stories, athlete biographies and live blog and at most events live streaming.
At all World Rowing regattas a fully equipped media centre will be available.
To apply for media accreditation, please fill in the corresponding form found on the World Rowing website here.