Media Advisory: 2018 World Rowing season media accreditation open
Lausanne, 9 February 2018
The World Rowing Federation, FISA, wishes to advise international media that accreditation is now open for the 2018 World Rowing regatta season.
This season includes:
· European Rowing Junior Championships 26-27 May Gravelines, FRA
· World Rowing Cup I 1-3 June Belgrade, SRB
· World Rowing Cup II 21-24 June Linz-Ottensheim, AUT
· World Rowing Cup III 13-15 July Lucerne, SUI
· World Rowing Under 23 Championships 25-29 July Poznan, POL
· European Championships – rowing 2-5 August Glasgow, GBR
· World Rowing Junior Championships 8-12 August Racice, CZE
· European Rowing Under 23 Championships 1-2 September Brest, BLR
· World Rowing Championships 9-16 September Plovdiv, BUL
· World Rowing Masters Regatta 27-30 September Sarasota-Bradenton, USA
· World Rowing Coastal Championships 11-14 October TBD
This year will see a consolidation of crews and the return of some athletes who took time off after the 2016 Olympic Games. The European Rowing Junior Championships will act as one of the final qualification regattas for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games, YOG.
Both World Rowing Cup I and World Rowing Cup II will include para-rowing with World Rowing Cup II starting a day early to allow for the early rounds of para-rowing. This will be the second year of para-rowing racing over the distance of 2000m.
The 2018 European Championships will include rowing and accreditation will be through the local organisers. The website: https://www.glasgow2018.com/
At all World Rowing regattas a fully equipped media centre will be available.
The World Rowing website, www.worldrowing.com, is the main communications channel for rowing related information including; event dedicated page, entries, results and related advisories, race reports, live race tracker, audio commentary, photos, feature stories, athlete biographies and live blog and at most events live streaming.
For more, follow us:
To apply for media accreditation, please fill in the corresponding form found on the World Rowing website: www.worldrowing.com/mediacenter
For media accreditation queries: firstname.lastname@example.org