Key decisions made at 2012 FISA Congress
A number of key decisions were made at the 2012 FISA Ordinary Congress held in Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
- The 2016 World Rowing Senior & Junior Championships were attributed to Rotterdam, the Netherlands. The provisional dates are 24 to 28 August. The championships will be held at the Willem-Alexander Baan.
- The 2015 World Rowing Masters Regatta was attributed to Hazewinkel, Belgium. The provisional dates are 10 to 13 September.
- The second stage of the 2013 Samsung World Rowing Cup regatta series was attributed to Eton Dorney, Great Britain at the Eton Dorney International Regatta Course. The dates for the 2013 series are now set:
- 22 – 24 March, 2013 – Sydney, Australia
- 21 – 23 June, 2013 – Eton Dorney, Great Britain
- 12 – 14 July, 2013 – Lucerne, Switzerland
- The 2012 World Rowing Youth Coaches Conference will be held in Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia, from 6 to 9 September, during the 12th University Rowing World Championships. For more information contact Liudmila Saraeva: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 2012 World Rowing Coaches Conference will be hosted by Rowing Ireland from 1 to 4 November 2012 at the Strand Hotel in Limerick, Ireland. This year’s themes are "FISA's Four Yearly Review of the Olympic preparations and performances" and "Fundamentals of rowing technique.” For more information, please click here.
- A new national rowing federation has joined FISA. Mauritius becomes the 137th country to become a member of FISA.
The FISA Council appointed Dr Roberto Nathan (BRA) as a medical expert to the Adaptive Rowing Commission and Sjoerd Hamburger (NED) and Perle Bouge (FRA) to the Athletes Commission.
The Congress took place on 17 August 2012 during the World Rowing Senior & Junior Championships in Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
For the full report please click here.