How to follow 2019 European Rowing Junior Championships in Essen
We’ve got some exciting news for this year’s European Rowing Junior Championships. Both days, Saturday 18 May and Sunday 19 May 2019 will be LIVE streamed on the World Rowing’s YouTube channel!
This year the European Rowing Junior Champions heads to Essen, Germany which is located in the North-West of Germany. We will be seeing the best junior rowers within Europe fighting to take home gold.
There will be 34 nations competing in Essen, with 570 rowers entered. This is the highest ever number of nations and rowers at a European Junior Championships.
The host nation has the highest number of athletes attending with 54. This is then followed by Romania with 49 and then the Czech Republic and Italy both sending 44 athletes each. There will be other nations such as Estonia, Georgia and Turkey participating in the regatta along with the typical rowing nations such as Great Britain, France, The Netherlands and Switzerland.
The draw will be taking place on Friday 17 May at 17:00 (CET) and racing will start at 09:30 (CET) on Saturday 18 May. See below how you can follow the racing:
- The provisional timetable can be found here.
- Results will be shown on the Organising Committee’s website – click here.
- Follow World Rowing Junior on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube for more information about what is taking place at the regatta.
- Join the conversation by using the hashtag #ERJChamps
- Don’t forget you can watch the LIVE RACING on World Rowing’s YouTube Channel
- Learn more about rowing with this short series about the sport. Full playlist here.