2017 World Rowing Indoor Sprints; Are you in?
Wherever you are in the world, whoever you are, you can take part in the 2017 World Rowing Indoor Sprints. Coming up 10-12 March 2017, the Indoor Sprints is about challenging yourself and challenging others to go as fast as you can for 1000m on the indoor rowing machine.
This is the first internationally sanctioned virtual rowing event of its kind and last year in its inaugural year it attracted nearly 4000 individuals from 52 nations. This included France which staged 24 events up and down the country. The United States had the largest participation with over 1000 entries.
Everyone from novice to elites, juniors to masters and para-rowers entered in 2016 with the youngest competitor being six years old and the oldest was 87. They sat on indoor rowing machines in their home, their local gym, their rowing club, or even in the street to race in the sprint.
World Rowing will be posting workouts to help in your preparation on the World Rowing Indoor Facebook page, here.
Post your photos on Facebook or Instagram using #indoorsprints. Show us how your training is going.
- Race 1000 metres on the Concept2 Indoor Rower (Model A-E rowers only, no Dynamic or indoor rowers on Slides) at your club, gym, school or home March 10-12, 2017.
- Enter your time in the Concept2 Online Logbook by 9am GMT on 14 March 2017.
- If you are an event, send your results by email to email@example.com. If you submit 20 or more individual results from an event held by your club or team you’ll be entered in a raffle for a new indoor rower for your facility. Results must be emailed by 9am GMT on 14 March 2017. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on submitting event results and for event updates.
- There will also be a separate raffle for events held in World Rowing development countries where there are ten or more competitors. For more information (to see if your country qualifies) email email@example.com.
- Medals will be awarded to the top three male and female times in each category. Categories are listed below.
- 12 and under
- 3-18 years old
*Lightweight categories are offered for those aged 19 and over.
- Lightweight Women: <= 61.5kg (135lbs)
- Heavyweight Women: > 61.6kg (135 lbs)
- Lightweight Men: <= 75 kg (165lbs)
- Heavyweight Men: > 75kg (165lbs)
Para-rowing events (men/women)
- para LTA
- para TA
- para AS
Are you in?