2017 World Rowing Awards public nominations now open
For immediate release
Lausanne, 9 October 2017
The World Rowing Federation, FISA, has opened public nominations for the 2017 World Rowing Awards.
This is a chance for the public to have their say by nominating who they believe accomplished an outstanding performance this year in rowing.
Nominations can be made in the following award categories:
- World Rowing Para-rowing Crew of the Year
- World Rowing Female Crew of the Year
- World Rowing Male Crew of the Year
- World Rowing Coach of the Year
- World Rowing Distinguished Service to Rowing Medal
Only one nomination can be submitted for each category.
Nominations must be submitted by midnight (CET) 23 October 2017 online here
Please note that this is a nomination process, not a voting process.
Once all nominations have been received, they will be reviewed by the FISA Council which will narrow it down to a short list. The short list will then be put forward to FISA’s Executive Committee which will determine the winner in each of the five categories.
The World Rowing award winners will be publicly announced on 7 December 2017 and the winners presented with their awards at the 2017 World Rowing Awards dinner on Friday 8 December 2017 in London, Great Britain.
Last year’s winners were:
- 2016 World Rowing Female Crew of the Year: Magdalena Fularczyk-Kozlowska, Natalia Madaj (POL), women’s double sculls.
- 2016 World Rowing Male Crew of the Year: Martin & Valent Sinkovic (CRO), men’s double sculls.
- 2015 World Rowing Para-Rowing Crew of the Year: Rachel Morris (GBR), para PR1 women’s single sculls.
- 2016 World Rowing Coach of the Year: Roger Barrow (RSA)
- 2016 World Rowing Distinguished Service to Rowing Medal: Reinhold Batschi (AUS)