HOW TO FOLLOW THE EVENT
Entries for the World Rowing Cup I will be released on Wednesday 26 April - stay tuned.
- Live audio commentary and live race tracker will be available for ALL races on www.worldrowing.com.
- Live VIDEO streaming will be available for the World Cup A-finals on www.worldrowing.com.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for behind the scenes interviews, live updates, photos and more.
- Also available on WorldRowing.com
- Startlists / Schedule
- News / Photos / Live blog / Quotes from athletes
- Join the conversation …
- Use the hashtag #WRCBelgrade
- Learn more about rowing with this short series about the sport. Full playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3HMysxDej7pYika4-RIHlOpIlhl-bTAF
World Rowing Cup regattas shall be open to all competitors who are authorized to compete by their member federation and who are eligible under the relevant rules. To represent a country in a World Rowing Championship, a competitor shall be a citizen of that country. He or she must be able to prove this by showing an official document (passport or identity card). In exceptional cases, the Executive Committee may make exceptions. Each member federation may enter up to four crews in each event of the 1st World Rowing Cup regatta and a maximum of two crews in each event of the 2nd and 3rd World Rowing Cup regattas.
The following World Rowing Cup Events are offered at the World Rowing Cup I:
Men (M): 1x, 2x, 2-, 4x, 4-, 8+
Women (W): 1x, 2x, 2-, 4x, 8+
Lightweight Men (LM): 2x, 4-
Lightweight Women (LW): 2x
The following International Events are offered at the World Rowing Cup I:
Lightweight Men (LM): 1x, 2-
Lightweight Women (LW): 1x
Women (W): 4-
ABOUT ADA CIGANLIJA REGATTA VENUE
Ada Ciganlija Regatta course is situated on Sava Lake which is located in the heart of Belgrade, 5km from the city centre. Ada Ciganlija is a river island, artificially turned into a peninsula. The lake is 3000m long and 250m wide. The course is situated in a southwest-northeast direction.
GETTING TO THE VENUE
The address of the Belgrade site is indicated as Ada Ciganlija «Street 10». A GPS navigation system will not respond to that. It is recommended to enter the following street: Radnicka 1 (lowest number) 11030 Belgrade (it is the closest street nearby the actual compound).
Serbia is located in the central part of the Balkan Peninsula. The city of Belgrade, capital of the Republic of Serbia, lies at the confluence of two rivers, the Danube and the Sava. The population in Serbia in around 7.2 million people (July 2011 est.) of which 1.6 million live in Belgrade.
ROWING IN SERBIA
For information on the Serbian Rowing Fedaration and rowing in Serbia click here.
For weather information, please click here.