The 2017 Nominations are now OPEN
Deadline: 01 November, 2017 at midnight CET
- Fill out the nomination form here.
- Send this link to your referees. Your application must be supported by two teammates, your coach and one academic reference. The referees must submit a letter of reference via the link.
- Please see the eligibility criteria below
What is the Filippi Spirit Award?
Filippi has joined World Rowing in supporting all young rowing scholars around the world by becoming the title sponsor of the Filippi Spirit Award.
The Filippi Spirit Award will be presented to a university rower who has demonstrated the core values of rowing in his/her social, academic and sporting life, and, through these values, also enabled or inspired exceptional success in other people's lives - for example in education, business, sports or charity.
The Filippi Spirit Award is open to current university students worldwide who study full time and row regularly for a university rowing club. The winner of the Award will be presented with a custom-made new Filippi racing eight boat for their rowing club. Filippi boats are made in Italy and used by medal-winning crews throughout the world. For rowers in some countries (such as the United States where NCAA regulations apply), the awards will be adjusted to conform with national eligibility regulations.
Each nomination must be made by two of the nominated rower's teammates, supported by the rowing club and endorsed by the university. Only one member may be nominated by each club.
The Prize Boat
The Prize Boat (a racing eight boat) is sponsored by one of the world's top rowing boat manufacturers - Filippi - and will be delivered to the club of the Filippi Spirit Award winner.
- Renaud Berger (FRA)
- Iulia Bodnariuc (CAN)
- Gordon Dodge (RSA)
- Jose Gomez-Feria (ESP)
- Nils Jakob Hoff (NOR)
- Robyn Horan (RSA)
- Lawrence Brittain (South Africa)
- Tsz Wai Chan (Hong Kong)
- Maciej Sciesiek (Poland)
- Tijana Stefanovic (Serbia)
- Kirsten Van Fossen (Great Britain/United States)
- Tristan Wentworth (South Africa)
- Malibongwe Cebekulu (RSA) - full profile
- Franz Gravenhorst (GER) - full profile
- Matthew O'Donoghue (USA) - full profile
- Lily van den Broecke (GBR) - full profile